Products awarded this year include the Samsung Galaxy K zoom, the Samsung SMART CAMERA NX30 and the Samsung M7 Multiroom System
London, UK- August 15, 2014 - Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd , a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, announced today that the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) has awarded the company multiple awards in the following categories: European Smartphone Camera 2014-2015, European Connected Camera 2014-2015 and European Multiroom System 2014-2015.
The products awarded this year are the Samsung Galaxy K zoom, the Samsung SMART CAMERA NX30 and Samsung M7 Multiroom System, all of which received recognition from the judging panel for their innovative features and impressive design.
"At Samsung we strive to lead innovation and are persistent in making new discoveries designed to enhance consumers' lives," said Sunny Lee, President of Samsung Electronics Europe. "To receive multiple EISA awards from such an illustrious panel of judges really reaffirms to us that we are succeeding in creating market leading products that are truly enriching consumers' lives."
The EISA Awards recognise products that demonstrate a winning combination of innovative technology, sleek design and desirable features. The EISA Awards panel of judges comprises editors from 50 consumer electronics magazines across 20 European countries.
Judges highlighted the following reasons for why the winning products were chosen:
EUROPEAN SMARTPHONE CAMERA 2014-2015 - Samsung Galaxy K zoom
• The Galaxy K zoom is the new camera specialized smartphone that blends advanced digital camera technology with Samsung’s industry-leading Galaxy experience.
• The Galaxy K zoom is equipped with cutting-edge retracting lens technology that provides 10x optical zoom in a remarkably slim and chic design.
• It also features 20.7 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, Optical Image Stabilizer, Xenon Flash and 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED Display to ensure crisp and sharp photos, even in low light.
• The compact and highly portable Galaxy K zoom also features an ergonomic grip and sleek, stylish lines that feel soft and comfortable when held.
As the first camera-specialized smartphone, EISA judges commented: “ The 20.7-million-pixel BSI CMOS sensor behind the lens exceeds the resolution found in many standalone compact cameras, and it delivers great picture quality, especially in low light.
EUROPEAN CONNECTED CAMERA 2014-2015 - Samsung SMART CAMERA NX30
• The NX30 is the professionally-inspired compact system camera, featuring high quality images with faster than ever performance.
• Its advanced 20.3 megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor and NX AF System II auto-focusing creates high-quality images that burst with sharp detail and intense colour, while its Tiltable Electronic Viewfinder and 3.0-inch Super AMOLED Swivel and Touch Display lets the user chose any viewpoint.
• Building on Samsung’s leading SMART CAMERA technology, the NX30’s NFC and Wi-Fi capabilities offers wireless connectivity, making it is easier than ever to take advantage of a host of intuitive sharing features between the camera and NFC enabled smartphones.
EISA judges recognized the Samsung NX30’s tiltable electronic viewfinder that can pivot upwards to 80 degree, allowing different viewpoints.
EUROPEAN MULTIROOM SYSTEM 2014-2015 - Samsung M7
• The M7 Multiroom speaker can not only access your music from your phone and PC but also stream millions of songs from Spotify, Deezer, Napster, and many other services through WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, and Spotify Connect. Smartphones and tablets can be used to control these speakers around your home.
• The speaker itself houses twin 19mm tweeters, two 56mm midrange drivers and a 10cm woofer while Bluetooth connectivity, a touch-sensitive volume control and the ability to decode FLAC files up to 192kHz/24bit only add to its appeal.
EISA judges added: “And it’s no slouch when it comes to sound quality either, the M7 boasts a rich, weighty and room-filling presentation that is able to punch hard when appropriate.
For more information about the 2014/2015 EISA Awards, visit http://www.eisa.eu
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
EISA is an association of 50 special interest magazines spanning 19 European countries. It is recognized internationally for the European EISA Awards. Every June, editors from all 50 magazines meet to decide which products covered in their publications that year will receive an EISA award. There are six categories: Audio, Video, Home Theatre, Photography, In-Car Electronics and Mobile Devices. All winners may display the EISA mark for 12 months following the receipt of the award to reinforce brand quality and leadership. To discover more, please visit http://www.eisa.eu.