Seoul, London and New York among first to invite customers to ‘design your life’ at Samsung GALAXY Studio pop-up locations
SEOUL, Korea - November 12, 2013 - In an effort to properly introduce customers to its latest flagship devices, Samsung Mobile has opened a series of interactive, pop-up product experiences designed to demonstrate the everyday improvements made possible by the GALAXY Note® 3, GALAXY Gear™ and GALAXY Note® 10.1 (2014 edition). The pop-up spaces, part of Samsung’s family of GALAXY Studios, began in Seoul and are now open in London and New York City.
With each GALAXY Studio, Samsung will give visitors the opportunity to experience first-hand the added fun, convenience and possibilities afforded by its mobile technologies. At each location, customers will be invited to touch and feel, learn about key features and create personalized content by utilizing new product offerings such as the improved S Pen™. In London, deep partnerships with retailers will serve to embed Samsung mobile technology directly into the shopping experience, making it richer, more impactful. By bringing the product experience to customers as they conduct their everyday lives – browsing in a shop, walking a highly trafficked street – Samsung aims to illustrate the simple and intuitive nature of these products in addition to their ability to integrate seamlessly into everyday life at maximum benefit.
“We believe our latest mobile technologies have the ability to transform your everyday by making your life easier, more efficient and more fun,” said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, IT & Mobile Division at Samsung Electronics. “We’re offering tangible evidence of the way in which our devices enable you to better connect with the world so that you can truly design your life. With our devices we are able to amplify each retailer’s in-store experience in a meaningful way, ultimately providing value to the visiting customer.”
In London, the GALAXY Studio experience will extend into the shops of eight retailer partners who will each offer special opportunities for shoppers to utilize GALAXY devices to amplify their visit in some way. The partners, who range from a hair salon to a coffee shop to an antique store, will each integrate the devices into the shopping experience in a unique way.
GALAXY Studio in Your Life will be open from Oct. 19 – Nov. 24 on West London’s Portobello Road featuring the following retail partners and activities:
• 10500 Hair Salon: Customers will use the devices to create a Scrapbook of their favorite hair styles found across the web, or review digital look books featuring various styles and color options, making notations with the S Pen. A fashion focused My Magazine will keep customers entertained, while kids can pass the time by using GALAXY Note 3 to draw and play.
• Coco Nail Shop: Customers will browse and select a desired nail style from Scrapbook, while nail technicians will maintain a digital look book by adding photos of their client’s newly painted nails for future consultations.
• Pedlars: Customers of this antique shop will be able to view information about the different designers whose items it sells. Pedlars staff will also use the devices to help customers research and select the items that are just right for them.
• L’Epicerie: At this deli and cafe, devices will be used to calculate food and drink bills and diners will be treated to devices for their entertainment – such as checking out the latest news and content displayed via MyMagazine
– while they enjoy their refreshments.
• Provenance: Customers of this butcher will find the perfect sauces or wine pairings for the meat they buy, or browse and email themselves new recipe ideas using the devices.
• Coffee Plant: This cafe will invite customers to browse the latest news, entertainment and social media content with MyMagazine on the GALAXY Note 3 while enjoying their favorite cup of coffee.
• Kuka Me: Jewelry lovers will enjoy collecting inspiration from across the web using the Scrapbook feature of the new devices as they plan their next jewelry purchase. Designers can also show the next season’s accessories and customize collections for customers while they wait.
• Mushroom – Stall: Shoppers will write down cooking tips on the spot using the new S Note, which enables them to send the notes directly to themselves via email. This specialty retailer will also create Scrapbooks of recipes and lists featuring different types of mushrooms.
In New York, shoppers will be treated to a seasonal holiday experience at the GALAXY Studio in the SoHo, one of New York City’s most vibrant neighborhoods.. For these consumers, Samsung will offer creative shopping solutions utilizing the GALAXY Note 3 to maximize efficiency and have more fun. The SOHO GALAXY Studio will also treat shoppers to coffee and refreshments, offering a respite from the cold weather and crowded streets.
In Seoul, Samsung hosted the first in this series of GALAXY Studios in Insa-dong Song. Visitors of this busy thoroughfare were invited to interact with GALAXY Note 3, GALAXY Gear and GALAXY Note 10.1 devices in unexpected ways. Examples include the customization of photos with the new and improved S-Pen and personalization of an accompanying photo frame that visitors were able to take home.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.