Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, unveiled the GALAXY Premier, a smartphone that offers the premium experience of the Samsung GALAXY range at an accessible price point.
SEOUL, Korea October 29, 2012 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, unveiled the GALAXY Premier, a smartphone that offers the premium experience of the Samsung GALAXY range at an accessible price point.
• GALAXY Premier comes packed with the latest high-end software features and innovations that users have come to expect from the GALAXY family. These include face-detection software, voice-activated apps and seamless multimedia sharing, all included in a stylish and refined minimalist design that combines the visual appeal of the popular GALAXY S II and GALAXY S III.
• GALAXY Premier includes many of the intelligent, state-of-the-art GALAXY S III features including S Beam, Smart Stay, Direct Call, Pop-up Play, and Best Photo.
• GALAXY Premier runs on AndroidTM 4.1 (Jelly Bean), offering the most responsive, smoothest, and intuitive user interface available for mobile devices.
• The GALAXY Premier will be available from November starting in Russia and rolled out to selective regions including Southeast Asia, China and South Korea. It will be available on 3G and LTE networks dependent on territory and carrier.
|Samsung GALAXY Premier Product Specifications|
|Network||HSPA+ 21/5.76 (850/900/1900/2100 MHZ)
EDGE/GPRS (850/900/1800/1900 MHZ)
|Display||4.65” HD (720x1280) Super AMOLED|
|OS||Android™ 4.1 (Jelly Bean)|
|Camera||Main(Rear) : 8 Megapixel Auto Focus camera w/ LED Flash
Sub(Front) : 1.9 Megapixel HD camera
|Video||Video : MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, RV, DivX, Xvid, VD-1
Recording & Playback : [email protected]
|S Beam, Buddy photo share|
|AllShare Cast, AllShare Play|
|Smart Stay, Direct Call, Social Tag|
|Pop-up play, Best Photo|
- Game Hub, Video Hub
- Music Hub, Learning Hub, Readers Hub (D/L at Samsung Apps)
|Samsung ChatON mobile communication service (D/L at Samsung Apps)|
|Google™ Mobile Services
-Google Play, Gmail, Google Search, Google Maps, Google Talk, Google Plus
|Connectivity||WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40|
|Bluetooth technology v 4.0|
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Proximity, Light, Gyro|
|Memory||8/16GB User memory + microSD slot (up to 32 GB)|
|Dimension||68.02 x 134.2 x 8.99 mm, 130g|
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
*Android, Google, Android Beam, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads are trademarks of Google Inc.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with consolidated sales of US$143.1 billion in 2011. Employing approximately 206,000 people in 197 offices across 72 countries, the company operates two separate organizations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunications Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LED. Recognized for its industry-leading performance across a range of economic, environmental and social criteria, Samsung Electronics was named the world’s most sustainable technology company in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.