Samsung unveiled the Samsung GALAXY Grand, an ideal smartphone for users with fast-paced mobile lifestyles who demand more from their phone.
Seoul, Korea - 18 December 2012 - Samsung unveiled the Samsung GALAXY Grand, an ideal smartphone for users with fast-paced mobile lifestyles who demand more from their phone.
• Samsung GALAXY Grand runs Android™ 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), Google’s latest operating system. Its vivid 5.0’’ display provides an expansive viewing experience, presenting messaging, multimedia and Web content in brilliant color and clarity. Even with the large screen, the phone is still slim, ergonomic and comfortable to hold. You can also enjoy true multitasking running multiple apps simultaneously and without switching screens using Multi Window feature.
• An impressive 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor supports seamless multitasking, faster web browsing, lightning-fast screen transitions and superior graphics for some of the most demanding apps and games.
• The GALAXY Grand sports a powerful camera with zero shutter-lag and ultra-quick camera start-up. It includes a backside illumination sensor to ensure clear shots even in dark conditions, as well as Full HD video recording.
• Samsung GALAXY Grand also includes intuitive features that make the phone easy to use. For example, Direct Call enables users to automatically dial a call by raising the device up to the ear; while users can also shake the phone to trigger status updates, or pan it to zoom into a screen. Smart Alert shows missed events such as missed calls and new messages just by picking up the phone. Popup Video, for example, lets users watch video in a pop-up window anywhere on the screen while running other tasks; S Voice lets you control the phone using your voice; and AllShare Play lets you share content across Samsung devices using a single account.
• The phone is pre-loaded with the latest versions of Samsung Hubs to deliver the most popular games, movies and music direct to the user on demand.
• Its innovative dual SIM feature provides total communication flexibility, allowing users to manage two phone numbers from a single phone. It is possible to receive calls on one SIM number while taking a call from the other, ensuring efficient management of personal and work commitments without ever missing a call. Dual SIM also offers the flexibility of selecting different billing plans for either SIM, switching between them to make the most of cheaper call and data plans.
Note to Editors:
Samsung GALAXY Grand Product Specifications
|Network||HSPA＋ 21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps) 850/1900/2100 MHz
HSPA＋ 21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps) 900/1900/2100 MHz
EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
|Processor||1.2 GHz Dual Core processor|
|Display||5.0” WVGA TFT LCD|
|OS||Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|Camera||Main(Rear): 8 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag
Sub(Front) : 2 Megapixel HD Camera
|Video||Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, WMV9
Full HD(1080p) Playback & Recording
|Audio||Codec: MP3, AAC, AAC＋, eAAC＋, WMA
FM Radio, 3.5mm Ear Jack,
|Content Features & Services||Samsung Apps|
|Samsung Kies /Samsung Kies Air|
- Game Hub* / Music Hub* / Video Hub*
|Samsung ChatOn mobile communication service|
|Samsung AllShare Play|
|Multi Window, Direct Call, Smart Alert, Popup Video, S Voice|
|Google Search, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Plus, Google Maps, Google Navigation, Google Latitude, Google Places, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, Google Downloads|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth® v 4.0 ＋ LE
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz)
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyro|
|Memory||8GB User memory ＋ 1GB (RAM)
microSD (up to 64GB)
|Dimension||77 x 143.7 x 9.6 mm, 162 g|
|Battery||Standard battery, Li-ion 2,100mAh|
*The availability of each Samsung Hubs and Google services may differ by country.
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
*Android, Google, Google Search, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Plus, Google Maps, Google Navigation, Google Latitude, Google Places, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, Google Downloads are trademarks of Google Inc.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2011 consolidated sales of US$143.1 billion. Employing approximately 206,000 people in 197 offices across 72 countries, the company operates two separate organizations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LED. Recognized for its industry-leading performance across a range of economic, environmental and social criteria, Samsung Electronics was named the world’s most sustainable technology company in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. For more information, please visit http://www.samsung.com.