Samsung and Oculus refine Gear VR to provide a better, enhanced overall user experience while delivering a fully immersive content
Barcelona, Spain, March 1, 2015 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. continues its leadership in wearable technology and mobile virtual reality with its latest Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition, fully optimized and compatible with Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, its next generation smartphone. The Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6, powered by Oculus, gives more users the opportunity to enjoy Samsung’s unrivaled, fully immersive and cinematic virtual reality experience, with improved viewing as well as a more comfortable design.
• Extraordinary Entertainment: Optimized for both the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, and its 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display, Gear VR Innovator Edition lets users engage with high resolution movies, TV shows, VOD services and photos like never before. With reduced pixilation and a wide field-of-view, users receive a better virtual reality experience with longer lasting usage time.
• Improved Comfort: The 15% reduction in size makes Samsung Gear VR a more comfortable to wear. Ergonomically redesigned straps give better weight balance, while mechanical ventilation supports an extended VR experience.
• High Quality Performance: Greater computing power and improved graphics quality enable users to explore the best virtual reality adventures.
• USB Compatibility: The Gear VR can now be powered with its USB port for extended usage time.
• Robust Ecosystem: Gear VR content is available for download via the Oculus Store. Users have an extensive selection of optimized, localized virtual reality content from top-tier creators including thrilling VR games and 360 degree including a new performance from Cirque du Soleil, Kurios.
For more product information, please visit www.samsungmobilepress.com.
|Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition Product Specifications
Designed for innovative consumers, specifically VR enthusiasts, developers, mobile experts and professionals, and early technology adopters.
|Gear VR||Dimension||196 x 107.9 x 82.9 mm|
|Sensor||Accelerator, Gyrometer, Proximity(Mount/Unmount Detection)|
*Field of View
|IPD Coverage||54 ~ 70 mm (Fixed Lenses)|
|Accessory||Replaceable Face Form, Carrying Pouch, Lens Cleaning Cloth|
|Connectivity||microUSB connection to the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge|
* All functionality, features, specifications, and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems and semiconductors. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Digital Health and Smart Home initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com.
About Oculus VR, Inc.
Oculus VR, a Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) company, is revolutionizing the way people experience video games and other digital content. The company’s first product, the highly anticipated Oculus Rift, is a virtual reality headset that allows players to step inside the game. It provides an immersive, stereoscopic 3D experience with an ultra-wide field of view and super low latency head tracking. For more information, visit: www.oculusvr.com.