Samsung partners with Cisco, Sybase, SAP, Citrix, and SDS to demonstrate enterprise mobile solutions across broad portfolio of products.
BARCELONA, February 13, 2011 - Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a leading mobile phone provider, today announced a new range of enterprise mobility solutions for its Smartphone and Smart Media Devices. Compatible with Samsung’s new Galaxy S II and Galaxy Tab products, the move demonstrates Samsung’s strong commitment to enterprise customers, driving a more flexible and connected mobile workforce. Developed in collaboration with industry-leading partners, Samsung’s enterprise mobility solutions have been designed to improve productivity and profitability.
The expansion of Samsung’s enterprise mobility offering encompasses a suite of solutions targeted at the increasing needs of mobile workforces. Cisco, Citrix, Sybase, SDS and Calgary Scientific have all worked closely with Samsung to produce a variety of enterprise mobility solutions across a number of fields. These include security, virtualization, unified communication and collaboration, healthcare solutions, and messaging. The solutions will provide flexibility and connectivity for mobile workforces, ensuring that users are able to operate efficiently on the move.
“Samsung has been working to meet increasing demand from our enterprise customers and worked to enable higher productivity wherever they are. We have ensured that we have worked with the very best partners in harnessing the power of our dual core products so as to increase functionality and connectivity for enterprise customers."
“In our newly launched Galaxy S II and Galaxy Tab devices, we have the most powerful, capable and connected devices on the market. Working with our enterprise solutions partners, we have leveraged our innovation to meet the demands of a diverse mobile workforce" said JK Shin, president and head of Samsung’s Mobile Communications Business. “These solutions use unrivalled processing speeds and connectivity to make our enterprise customers more productive and profitable than ever before."
Ray Smets, vice president and general manager, Wireless Networking business unit, Cisco said, “Having your enterprise collaboration tools at your fingertips is a must for workers on the go. We worked closely with Samsung to ensure our WebEx meetings and Cisco mobile applications are easy to access over Cisco’s highly secure wireless networks from their new Galaxy S II Android smartphone and upcoming tablet devices."
“As more employees are empowered with mobile access to enterprise systems, applications and data through their device of choice, the requirement for IT to support the widening array of device types can be extremely complex and unwieldy," said Willie Jow, vice president enterprise mobility, Sybase. “The combination of Samsung’s leading devices and Sybase’s best-in-class management and security solution now bring Android to the level enterprises require for full-scale deployments."
A number of these solutions work seamlessly with the newly-launched Galaxy S II, a Dual-Core smartphone that packs latest multimedia and data communication features and a next-generation Super AMOLED Plus display into a beautifully crafted design. These solutions include:
● Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- The comprehensive mobile implementation of Exchange ActiveSync, which provides the most policies and restrictions support among Android ActiveSync clients, along with e-mail, calendar, contacts and tasks synchronization with a Microsoft Exchange Server.
● On Device Encryption
- A security solution that enables the protection of mobile data without the need to sacrifice speed and functionality. Superior performance can also be achieved when incorporated with Sybase Afaria Mobile Device Management and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, both of which complement the encryption support with their own mechanisms.
● Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Provides reliable and easy-to-deploy encrypted network connectivity by delivering persistent corporate access for users on the go. Whether providing access to business email, a virtual desktop session, or most other Android applications, AnyConnect enables business-critical application connectivity.
● Sybase Afaria Advanced Enterprise Security (AES) for Android
- Afaria is the industry′s most powerful and flexible mobile device management and security solution for the enterprise. Sybase has expanded its partnership with Samsung to deliver its Afaria Advanced Enterprise Security (AES) for Android, providing breakthrough security and application management for Galaxy S II.
● Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
- Enables a workforce to stay connected to important meetings wherever they are while using Samsung Galaxy devices; users can view shared desktops, browsers, applications and documents with live annotations, meaning that they won’t miss a thing during that vital conference call. With unique Samsung integrations, users can escalate a phone call to a WebEx meeting with one click, or start a meeting directly from a contact list.
● Cisco Mobile
- Allows the workforce to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi using an Android interface, providing significant cost-efficiencies for an international workforce.Cisco Mobile for Android also lets users access their corporate directory, manage multiple calls, move calls from Wi-Fi to cellular networks, and enjoy many other features that make the mobile workforce more productive
In addition to these solutions, Samsung has also been working with leading partners to ensure that a variety of enterprise mobility solutions are available for its tablet range which has also been expanded with the announcement of the Galaxy Tab. These devices will be capable of handling a variety of robust, top-quality mobile enterprise solutions:
● Cisco Safety and Security Solution
- Enables agencies to communicate across devices, share information and improve their security and emergency response capabilities; rich media can also be shared between dispatch control and the workforce.
● SAP Business Objects Explorer
- A business-oriented search application allows huge volumes of corporate data to be accessed easily and simply, with data visually and graphically displayed automatically. Results can also be instantly shared with others, leading to an enterprise solution that genuinely increases productivity and the quality of the final product.
● SAP StreamWork
- a Software as a Service collaborative decision-making application that bring together people, information, and business methods to drive fast, meaningful results. The mobile application for SAP StreamWork ensures you can keep collaborating with your team and driving activities forward, even if you’re not at your desk. With the mobile app, you’ll also be able to take advantage of features your device already has －－ like its address book, camera, voice notes, files, and other media content.
● SAP Mobile EMR by Samsung(SDS)
- A solution for Medical Professionals, it provides instant, secure access to a chronological overview of a patient’s vital signs, instant insight into available clinical documents as well as the ability to use image comparison facilities to display and compare x-rays, sonograms and other visualizations. All of this is targeted at making the lives of doctors easier to manage, and allow them to focus further on providing a high-quality service.
● Citrix Receiver
- Citrix Receiver is a high performance, universal client technology that enables secure, on-demand access to virtual desktops and apps from anywhere, instantly turning your Samsung Tab into a powerful and portable business tool with all of your existing Windows, web and SaaS apps
Samsung’s latest enterprise mobile solutions are demonstrated at Mobile World Congress 2011 at Hall #8. For multimedia content and more detailed information, please visit www.samsungunpacked.com/press.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2009 consolidated sales of US$116.8 billion. Employing approximately 174,000 people in 193 offices across 66 countries, the company consists of eight independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Semiconductor and LCD. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit http://www.samsung.com.