Featuring products developed by notable designers the rich Samsung accessory eco-system enhances built on fashion forward mobile experience
SEOUL, Korea – March 19, 2015 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, today announced the rich accessory collection for the new Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge. This robust portfolio of accessories will offer people the freedom to customize their mobile experiences to fit their personal style while enhancing the beautiful and purposeful design of Samsung’s newest devices.
“Samsung has a long history of designer partnerships and an unparalleled understanding of how technology enhances fashion and how fashion inspires technology,” said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, IT & Mobile Division at Samsung Electronics. “The premium accessory collection for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge represents our commitment to uniting the worlds of fashion and technology. Samsung has and will continue to pursue and create innovative, meaningful collaborations with the fashion industry that resonate with the ever-evolving consumer and provide them with essential tools for self-expression.”
The latest accessory collection will feature designers and brands that share Samsung’s goal of authentically merging fashion and technology through accessories, thereby providing consumers with diverse ways to express their style and personalize their devices.
The richness of this collection is representative of Designed for Samsung Program that has enhanced the brand’s abilities to work with partners to introduce such a broad range of accessories with the new products’ launch.
Partners for the Rich Accessory Collection includes:
• Burton: Burton has fueled the growth of snowboarding worldwide through its groundbreaking product lines for active men and women. Now through its collection for Samsung, Burton continues its momentum with vibrant protective covers inspired by two of the brands most popular print designs.
• Swarovski: Building on a longstanding relationship with Samsung, Swarovski has developed a colorful series of premium, protective, crystal-embellished covers that reflects the different shades of glass in the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge.
• Montblanc: Samsung and Montblanc continue their exclusive collaborative relationship, combining Montblanc’s heritage of luxury and craftsmanship with the breakthrough technological innovations of Samsung’s Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge featuring a collection of leather made cases and flip covers designed in the montblanc manufacture in Italy.
• Rebecca Minkoff: As an industry leader in luxury handbags, accessories, footwear and apparel, Rebecca Minkoff’s playful and subtly edgy flower print protective cover and leather pouch designs seamlessly enhance the beautiful and innovative Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge.
• Romero Britto: International pop artist Romero Britto has partnered with Samsung for their first-ever artist collaboration. Britto has brought his signature visual language of vibrant colors and expressive imagery to unique, clear covers for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge.
“My art brings a feeling of happiness, love, joy and passion,” said Romero Britto. “Everything starts with passion and inspiration, and my inspiration for the design was all-encompassing of everything Samsung does in terms of forward-thinking technology. It’s a great honor to partner with a company like Samsung that I share a common vision with ? a vision of having as many people share and enjoy our designs as possible.”
This range of functional and stylish accessories will also feature an array of additional products that will complement the sleek, fashion forward and purposeful design of the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge. The extended collection will include a clear view cover, clear cover, S view cover, flip wallet, protective cover, wireless charger and external battery pack.
The Galaxy S6 and S6 edge accessories will be available on the Samsung Online Store and other retail locations at the time of Galaxy S6 launch. Full details and product images are available at www.samsungmobilepress.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com